Wednesday 8 July 2015

Pre-Weekend Away Shopping Haul

Hello beautiful people!

We are very excited in the Graceful and Claire household this week. This is because next weekend, we are going to Sydney for a long weekend away with our bestie, Miriam! This is especially exciting, because this is actually the first holiday that we have planned and organised on our own, as adults. 



However, while our trip to Sydney will essentially consist of shopping and art gallery/museum visits, we felt that there were a few things we needed to pick up first. So, along with our good friend, Elektra, as our enabler (because every shopping trip needs someone to say that yes, you totally do need another navy and white striped jumper), we visited Bourke St Mall to see what we could find. 




Kate: The Future Queen by Katie Nicholl ($21.99 - Dymocks)// Confession time: I am a huge fan of the European royal families. Especially the Cambridges. So you can imagine how excited I am to have this book in my possession as my holiday read! I already know more than normal people about Wills and Kate by watching numerous documentaries, and those US biopics from Lifetime and Hallmark, but I am sure that there will still be more I can learn by reading this book. 

*This image is from the Target website. I couldn't photograph the material very well*

Navy Jacket + Quilted Vest (currently on sale - Target) // I have been looking at finding a jacket that I can wear in the winter instead of wearing a coat everyday, and this jacket and vest combo is perfect. Not only are they two separate pieces, but they are also waterproof, which makes a great piece for when Melbourne decides to rain, out of the blue. 
This jacket comes with quite a story. Instead of explaining it, I will tell you the short version. Basically: The original price was $89, but with it being on sale, and my cashing in on Flybuys points (I'm a real adult guys!), I only paid $7.05. I am fairly pleased with myself for that one. 


We love navy and white stripes. It's a thing, let's just all accept it. It is nautical, french and classic, all at the same time. Feel the love <3 What I love most about this jumper is that I'll be able to wear it with some jeans or shorts and I have a cute, chic outfit. And so effortless as well! Isn't that just the dream? - C



I've been on the hunt for heeled boots, because who doesn't love them? I particularly like these ones, also am really into the whole open at the side thing. I also like the gold hardware (as I am such a gold person). I am very excited to wear these with jeans to Uni - C




Handbag (On sale for $69 - Zara) // Unfortunately, Zara Australia is not online, so I cannot find a link to this bag online. If you are as in love with it as I am, then you are going to have to go in store and find it. Trust me, these photos do not do this bag justice! This purchase was not for our Sydney trip, like the others. I actually bought this bag to use for Uni. For more details, I might do a What's In My Bag? post for the second semester of Uni. 



Union Jack Bunting ($5 - Treats From Home) // 
One of our grandmothers was born in England and we wear this 1/4 English badge with pride. Union Jack bunting is something we've wanted to have for the apartment for a while so when we stumbled upon this English food shop above Dymocks on Collins Street, we were like "hell yes!" Grace got a photo with a statue of the Queen and we saw like 5 mugs we want to go back and purchase.


Yay England! 

Stay Gold!
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment