Monday 9 February 2015

The Moving Out Mix

What is hip-hop-happening, party people?
(I don't know what that is, but let's just roll with it, 'kay?)

We are currently visiting our parents home, and today Claire started packing up her bedroom to officially move out of home, like a lot of people that may be starting Uni in the next few weeks and moving to the big city like we did a year ago. 

Despite the fact that I have already officially moved out, the posters and photos on my wardrobe doors were still hanging up. I felt that it was time that they finally came down, so that is what I did this morning. Down went the Glee posters and the photos of our family holiday to Nelson's Bay when we were in Year 7. There were reminders of my campaign for School Captain, my ribbons for high jump, and a photo of Princess Grace Kelly and her son as a baby I once cut out of a Sunday magazine. I removed my poster of Florence Welch only to find that a quite fetching photo of Chace Crawford was on the back this whole time! Obviously something went wrong when I was deciding which side of the poster to use a few years ago.

Packing up your childhood bedroom can be daunting and a little bit like a reality hit, but something that makes the task more enjoyable is having the perfect soundtrack! Claire and I struggled with this last year when I packed up my whole room to move to my apartment, and Claire packed her things to move in to on-campus residential college. (Claire just gave up an made her own mix, which you can listen to here) Even today I can hear Claire in her room constantly changing mixes on 8Tracks trying to find the right vibe. 

Today I decided to listen to Nick Jonas' latest album and it was perfect for my poster removal! I was, and still am, a big Jonas Brothers fan (no point lying about it), and they were a big part of me growing up, so listening to the newest music to come from a Jo Bro seemed like the perfect decision to have that fusion of reliving my childhood and looking towards the future. Plus, I am totally digging this jazzy, cool vibe coming off this album that just made me dance and bop my head while removing every trace of blu-tack I could find. I cannot get Jealous out of my head! A+



If you are in the process of packing or moving, what music have you been listening to? Have you been feeling the nostalgia and listening to some throwback tunes? Or do you listen to french music to feel like a domestic goddess? Some chill-wave to allow for some reflective thoughts? Or some cheesy pop for a dance party? Let us know on our Facebook, Twitter, or in the comments below and help us build the perfect Moving Out Mix! 

Stay gold.
Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment