Sunday 15 February 2015

Back to Uni Haul | Second Year

 Welcome back!

Our second year of university begins in exactly two weeks! We are ready to go back and learn more about the subjects we are passionate about, (although we are sure that we will be counting down the days to mid-year break by week three). This is also exciting because it is an excuse for new stationery! And boy oh boy, do we love stationery shopping. It is something that we share with our Dad.
So let's get into this haul, shall we?

FIRST: Our Bags


CLAIRE
Firstly, the backpack. Isn't it the cutest? I'm such a 60s aesthetic girl and so the combination of the mustard with white polka-dots and brown side pockets is just me in a bag. It has heaps of room for my notebooks and readers, as well as a draw-string top under the flap. The two badges that I have are form the music theatre association tent at Clubs and Societies day last year in O-Week. They say 'I <3 Musicals' and 'Crew Are People Too' (because duh). I like to type my lecture notes, but our laptop (we have the same one.Twins!) is a massive 15 inches, so it won't fit in my backpack. Therefore: 2 bags are required for lecture days. This brown one we were eyeing off on Modcloth for MONTHS until Claire saw it at Colette one Boxing Day. It's the only bag I have that fits my laptop, but it's so classic! 


Backpack: Sportsgirl 2013 (Similar) | Laptop Case: TypoLaptop Bag: Colette Hayman (Similar at Modcloth)

GRACE


How much I carry to Uni depends on each day, so I usually alternate my bag. I recently purchased my new backpack from Target. As my laptop is large a 15", I needed a bag big enough to carry it for the days that I may need to bring my computer. At only $30, it is the perfect cheaper option of the Herschel Little America backpack. Unlike Claire, I prefer to hand write all of my lecture notes, so sometimes my backpack is larger than necessary to carry around, so I like to use my black handbag from Colette Hayman. It is large enough to fit my lecture book, water bottle, snacks, purse and my keys.

Backpack: Piping Hot (Target) Laptop Case: Typo | Handbag: Colette Hayman (similar)

SECOND: Our supplies


Colour coordination and organisation is key, hence different coloured pens, highlighters and sticky notes are key. The pens we use are the Papermate Inkjoy. We've been using them for a couple of years now and haven't gone back since. 

In our Arts degree, handing in a hard copy of your essays as well as online is very common, so having a stapler on hand is super helpful. And this one is so cute and pink! 

The notebooks are Claire's (one for each semester) and they have spaces for 4 different subjects in them. Since we only take 4 subjects a semester, it's perfect and means we only need to take one notebook to Uni. The black one is A4 and a hard cover (so fancy) for semester 2 and the smaller one is A5, which is perfect for tutorials. The cover says 'Crafter's Gonna Craft'. 

The 2015 Planner is also Claire's and was a gift form our friend Anna. It's also from Typo and super cute because the pages have a floral print border. Claire added a notebook elastic from Kikki-K to keep the planner closed and hold a gold and white polka dot pen, also from Kikki-K. Another post about how she uses her planner will come later (maybe.)


These are Grace's notebooks for the year! Four subject notebooks are so handy and better for organisation. I loved my Typo Campus notebook last year, however this year I wasn't that impressed with the covers. So, instead I decided to use the Marbig Colour Hide subject notebooks, which worked out to be cheaper than the Typo notebooks anyway. I love how bright these colours are! For tutorials, I usually write less, so I decided to opt for A5 notebooks. The spiral notebook is from Typo, and the other four I found in our Dad's stationery supply. The covers were not that interesting, so I contacted them in pink glitter! In case you haven't noticed, I am all about the presentation when it comes to school supplies.

And that's it! How do you like to take notes? What's your favourite pen to use? Trust us, if it's about stationary, we want to know.


Until next time, 
Grace and Claire.

No comments:

Post a Comment