Wednesday 30 December 2015

Inevitable moment of reflection | Happy New Year

Hello darling friends,


It's that time of year again when people often look back on the year that has passed as we head into a new one. I will admit that I am often guilty when it comes to reflection and feeling nostalgic for the past. This year, incidentally, I caught myself thinking a lot about high school, and feeling nostalgic for when I was still a teenager, and the trivialities of those years. What? High school had it's great moments, but University fits me better. Why am I missing it? 

These feelings came largely in this past month or so as we neared closer to my 20th birthday. Probably because hey, I'm in the twenties now, there is no going back. I have officially left my teenage years.

I wanted to keep this short and sweet, as I'm sure y'all be seeing enough of these 2015 reflections in the next couple of days. One day soon I will share the thoughts I had leading up to my 20th birthday, but for now, let's just reflect on the year. 

A lot has happened this year, but then again, when has there ever been a quiet year? The start of this year I declined an offer from an arts school to continue my bachelor of arts degree, but I was left with this big empty space and question mark concerning what exactly it was that I wanted to do. This empty hole was a bit scary, but now, as the year comes to an end, I am happy to say that I am feeling pretty confident on my path.

This year I decided on my media and cinema studies double major, I joined the student musical theatre group at Uni (and have become a committee member for 2016). I have met some amazing, life-changing friends who I think will be friends of a lifetime, and have grown more and more with my old and dear ones. With volunteering and passion, my eyes have opened up to a whole new world of possibilities of film festivals, and embracing feminism, which I strive to learn more and more about everyday.

This year I went on my first vacation without the parents (or older siblings) to Sydney, finally went blonde, officially moved out of home, and finally found a job that is perfect and wonderful and more than I could have ever hoped for, as a casual retail position. 

This year, as described by Grace the other day, was a bit of a transition year. We learned more about ourselves and discovered new things as we "came into our own." Coming into our own is a phrase we use a lot, but really, every year you come into your own more and more as you learn new things about yourself, and as the people you meet and experiences you have shape you. 

I am learning everyday, and I, once again, cannot wait to see what the future brings,

Have a safe and fabulous new year, and of course,

Stay gold. 
C xx













1 comment:

  1. New Year parties are really fun for everyone. I wait for New Year and Christmas day every year so that I can do parties with my siblings and friends at LA venue. Our last year party was the best party as we got super delicious food and drinks, and DJ was amazing too.

    ReplyDelete