Saturday 29 August 2015

August Favourites

Hello all!


August 2015 is nearly over (yay spring!) and we have always enjoyed these kinds of posts and videos from other bloggers, so we decided to do one ourselves.

Note: both of our favourites are mixed up in this photo


CLAIRE

My Paris Dream by Kate Betts
The first thing that grabbed me about this book was the cover. I mean, look at it. Blush pink, copper and Paris? It's just too pretty. An autobiography, this book is about Kate Bett's, who, in the 80's, moved to Paris with little plan and no job after graduating from Princeton. She then snagged the chance to work at Womens Wear Daily magazine and became submerged into the life of Parisian high culture and fashion. I took it on the train with me to and from the city (and the hometown) as a nice easy read, and a break from academia and studying.

Tortoiseshell Sunglasses
I got these glasses for $10 from The Rocks Market during our trip to Sydney last month. Even though August was quite a dreary winter's month, I loved having these on when the sun came out. I love the shape, and tortoiseshell and gold sunglasses are my favourite to wear. I expect to be wearing these a lot more in the warmer months.


SIMILAR 

BIEN Necklace
I have been wearing this necklace everyday these past few weeks. Fully adopting the classically chic Parisian style, I have been wanting a subtle long chain necklace to wear with t-shirts and jumpers. My love for all things Paris and french has really flared up this past month, so I just adore this necklace! I am also a gold jewellery person so it's just so pretty.

I got this necklace from Sportsgirl at the start of the month, but it was on sale so it is no longer available. However, I am definitely going to be getting some more delicate long chain necklaces for Spring/Summer, and Sportsgirl has some beautiful ones at the moment, so check them out. 

Sephora Universal Lip-liner
For someone who wears red lipstick everyday, I have never used lipliner before (which is a lipstick faux pas, because it actually prolongs your lipcolour.) However, I was always hesitant because I always found red liners that are darker than my shade of lipstick, so they just didn't match. 

During our trip to Sephora in Sydney, I decided to try out their universal lip liner. It's an invisible liner which can be used with any lipcolour and still prevent feathering and keeping your lipstick all in one place. I have been using it everyday and my lipstick is so much neater.

(P.S Melbourne is opening a Sephora in Melbourne Central, which is currently set to open at Christmas, but I got that information from their Instagram, so fingers crossed it's true!)

Sportsgirl Pout About It Lipstick in "Bombshell"
I have been using this lipstick all year. While I do own a number of different lipsticks, this is always the first one I'll grab and use basically everyday. The one I currently have is a repurchase, so I must trust it.

I love a matte lip and so what I love about the Sportsgirl lipstick is how matte they are, but yet extremely pigmented. I love the colour, it's nice and bright and for $10, it's pretty great.

The Mindy Project
This show had taken over my life for the past two weeks. I just love Mindy Kaling and her character Mindy Lahiri so much. Lahiri is such a great character, and I loved the show. Sometimes Danny is like, the worst person ever, but eh, he has his moments.  I just finished season 3 this morning, and I am looking forward to season 4 (thanks, Hulu!) 


GRACE

Lily Pulitzer 2015/16 Planner in Wild Confetti

I have been eyeing off the Lilly Pulitzer agendas for a while now, and when I saw the new prints for the 2015/16 agendas, I finally decided to take the plunge. Sadly, Lilly Pulitzer does not ship to Australia, so I actually ordered mine from Amazon. It did cost a pretty penny, but when it looks this cute, how could I resist? Plus, it spans from August 2015 through to December 2016, so this planner is taking me through to the end of my degree! Definitely a worthy investment.

Jeweled Cuff

This navy and green gem bracelet I bought on sale from Forever New last month, and it has easily entered my every-day arm candy. What I love about this bracelet is that it easily goes with every outfit I wear, seeming that navy is my neutral. It also reminds me of the darling (but super expensive!) Kendra Scott Andy and Elton bracelets. 

Amazing Grace perfume by Philosophy

My dear friend, Miriam, bought me the travel sized version of this perfume for my birthday/Christmas (December baby!) last year. Basically, this scent is perfect for me, being a) being literally named after me, and, b) the brand is called Philosophy which holds a lot of meaning to me. When my travel size ran out, I automatically bought another travel size, and a full size, without even thinking twice about it. It smells so light and floral, and perfect to be my signature scent. 

Navy Blue Loafers

I actually bought these shoes earlier in the year, probably around late February. They have caused me a lot of pain over the past few months as I have been breaking them in. The backs of my heels will never be the same again. However, I have FINALLY, broken them in enough that they are so comfortable. They have been my go-to shoe when I don't feel like wearing my riding boots or L.L. Bean Boots. Seriously, I wear them basically every single day. So cute, and so totally me!

Disney's Descendants

I am not ashamed to admit that I was totally a Disney Channel pre-teen growing up. And okay, maybe I still am. When I found out they were making a Disney Channel Original Movie (DCOM) about the children Disney's best villains and heroes, I was intruiged. The movie aired on July 31st, but it took me a while to get around to watching it. Verdict: I actually enjoyed it, and now I cannot get the songs out my head. Probably because I keep on listening to the soundtrack. (I'm totally a normal 19 year old, I swear!) I think what I enjoy about it most is that it reminds me of my Disney-loving pre-teens. How can it not, when it was directed by none other than Kenny Ortega,?! Which totally makes sense with this final number that gave me serious HSM flashbacks. If you don't mind a DCOM, I do recommend. 

Special mention to K Chen's performance as Maleficent. The woman can do no wrong!

While this Winter hasn't been too bad, we are so ready for Spring! 


Stay gold,
Grace and Claire

No comments:

Post a Comment