Tuesday 6 January 2015

14 Things I Learnt in 2014

Happy New Year!


Today I bring you a reflective post on the year that was 2014, very much inspired by (*cough* copied *cough*) A's post on fellow Melbourne blog, Mosaik. Last year was quite a whirlwind. It was definitely one of the biggest learning experiences of my life. Plus, reflecting on the year that was is something I like to do every New Year's. So, here are 14 things I learnt in 2014.



1.It is possible to be both a One Tree Hill, and an OC person.

2. Moving out of home at 18 is not as common as I thought.

3. Pasta takes approximately 12 minutes to cook.

4. Keep your friends close, and your family closer.

5. Not everything will turn out the way that you planned it, no matter how much you had imagined every detail.

6. "If you're not scared, you're not taking a chance" - Ted Mosby. Taking chances are how you move forward in life.

7. I now know how to use 5 different styles of footnote referencing.

8. When it comes to Rory Gilmore's love life, I prefer Logan Huntzberger.

9. On weekends, the city loop trains arrive every 20 minutes on the Sandringham line.

10. It is important to just do you. Do not worry about what other people may think, or about living up to stereotypes.

11. You will miss high school. You think that you wont, but you will. (At least once.)

12. At Uni, you can write your essays on anything (as long as it is relevant) -- long live my World Religions essay discussing the portrayal of Mormon missionary life in the Broadway musical, Book of Mormon, and the official scripture.

13. Moving to the Melbourne was one of the best decisions I made in 2014.

14. I have not yet peaked in life, which means that the best is yet to come.




- Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment